- 129,996 hits
Current Posts, eh!
Like Top P&Ps, eh?
- Elvis Girlfriends: Alicia Kerwin
- Xena and Gabrielle: From Subtext to Well Duh
- Planting for the birds and bees
- Was There A Dark Side to Elvis and Gladys?
- ElvisWorld: Bill Burke on Elvis and "Little Elvis"
- ElvisWorld: Girlfriends - Joyce Bova
- Comic Books: Elvis Presley
- Elvis was metrosexual; but was he Bisexual?
- Katz Drugstore Launches Hillbilly Cat: Ironic or Iconic?
- Canada: Gibson BC - Home of The Beachcomber
Word & Comments, eh.
- March 2017
- February 2017
- January 2017
- December 2016
- November 2016
- October 2016
- September 2016
- August 2016
- July 2016
- June 2016
- May 2016
- April 2016
- March 2016
- February 2016
- January 2016
- December 2015
- November 2015
- October 2015
- September 2015
- August 2015
- July 2015
- June 2015
- May 2015
- April 2015
- March 2015
- February 2015
- January 2015
- December 2014
- November 2014
- October 2014
- September 2014
- August 2014
- July 2014
- June 2014
- May 2014
- February 2014
- January 2014
- December 2013
- November 2013
- October 2013
- September 2013
- August 2013
- July 2013
- June 2013
- May 2013
- April 2013
- March 2013
- February 2013
- January 2013
- December 2012
- agoraphobia Agoraphobic Philosopher America art therapy atheist athiest bisexual blogging Canada climate climate change comedy communication community culture demographics depression discrimination donald trump education Elvis Elvis Presley entertainment Environment equality evolution facebook Gay government hate crime health health care history human-rights Idle No More lesbian LGBTQ marketing marriage equality media mental health nature Nina Tryggvason perspective politics PTSD public service queer racism recovery process relationships religion religion is mental illness rights rock n roll role models science self image sexism sexuality Shut In Stand Up skeptic social change social media society Star Trek Stephen Harper story telling subtext systemic oppression terrorism The Beatles transgender Vicki Wagner Vikings
Blogs I Follow
Why is that liberals are more likely to be vegetarian?
Sep 11, 2016
Where vegetarianism is a split party issue, people who use coercion and threats to either bend you to their point of view or destroy your livelihood, are usually dietarly outspoken and polar political.
Sep 11, 2016
sensitivity to cruelty and ineffectual knee response. it is stage one of being More Pure Than Thou
Liberal guilt and the false assumption that finding something to be superior about will change how things work.
Well as a liberal and a critical thinker I don’t see the two connected. But any atheist worth their salt should only do things that are rationally justified, however I have yet to hear a rational justification for eating meat. On the contrary most of the time I debate meat eaters it is like debating a Christian
yes and being able to use more food sources, meat protein, allowed our brains to evolve and we mastered fired to cook it and render that and other foods safe and eatable.
how again is this related to rationality? You are all making attempts to use biology to justify eating meat. I thought the rational brain is what separates us from the other animals on the planet?
how are you not understanding that rationality arises from reality and understanding that? your resistance is cognitive dissonance and you are transfering to me rather than the words or the exchange.
I thought that was the end of it, but today – September 21, 2016:
emotionally clinging to your position, ignoring facts as they exist and are agreed upon by others.. it’s so textbook that I almost blogged this post.
You are talking about past actions regarding cooking. I am talking about rational justifications. If you can’t provide any then just be honest enough to say so.
well, being the butt of the joke, especially as others are clearly getting it or are openly in on it, is a difficult place. so you have to respect that journey to the punchline finish.
Also vegans play more pure than thou vs vegetarians. it’s the closer the degree the higher the disgust factor.
I’ll stand with my wife on this…she eats a diet based on (deleted) regime, and at 55 has the figure and health of an athletic woman 25 plus years her junior….and still rocks a bloody bikini…or less…on the beaches in summer
the article is unscientific and cherry picks data from journals about the problems of too many carbs. Can anyone please present a rational argument in favor of eating meat?
That is shifting the burden of proof. It is like saying do you have evidence that God doesn’t exist?
If you want reasons then sure. We don’t need meat for protein. We can get it from plants without the negative side effects like high blood pressure and stroke. Eating plants has less impact on the environment regarding co2 and water. It is irrational to use an inefficient system when a more efficient one exists.
That is a naturalistic and traditional fallacy. It is like saying slavery was part of our society then we should do it today.
One of the greatest atheists Sam Harris presented these arguments much better than I can. If you care about truth I recommend checking out his video
if a rapist said they enjoyed it would you regard that as a rational justification? Btw I’m just using that as an example before anyone looses their mind
non-proportional examples, strawmen and appeals to authority… classic classic classic
This entry was posted in Agoraphobic Philosopher, Living Well, Raw Recovery Specialist, Zeitgeist Analytics and tagged butt of the joke, cognitive dissonance, contamination fears, demographics, diet, disgust, disordered eating, eating, group identity, groupthink, in on the joke, jokes, lifestyle, more pure than thou, Us vs Them, vegan, vegetarian. Bookmark the permalink.